MISTAKES PARENTS MAKE ...
* Too Controlling or Protective- Unless kids are permitted to experience some hurts, they do not learn coping skills and to make choices.
* Being too much of a critic: pointing out only their flaws,and neglecting to encourage the positives. .
* Lack of Consequences- Kids cannot learn responsibility if they do not face the consequences of their actions,they need to take responsibility.
* Not expectibg kids to help with chores around the house and being clear what is expected when and how often.
* Parents not having date nights to rekindle and keep their romance alive.
* Being afraid to say "No", thinking the kids "won't like me". Your job is to be the parent not their peer.
* Not being good role models. Kids learn more from what parents do than what parents say to do.
* Not setting and enforcing proper limits and boundaries. Parents both need to be on the same page, by the way.
* Talking to your kids more than you listen,
THESE ARE ONLY A FEW OF THE THINGS WE DISCUSS IN THE PARENTING AND FAMILY SESSIONS, WE GO MORE INTO DETAIL AND GIVE SPECIFIC TOOLS THAT OTHER PARENTS HAVE TRIED AND ONES THAT WORK !!!